View Single Post
Old February 24th, 2017, 02:55 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,423 Times in 2,694 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Problems with the current Russian OOB (#11).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crueldwarf View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRG View Post
How's the weather in the Urals these days ? Don't worry about the language...you're doing well. I think 25% or more of the people who post here do not speak English at home
Pretty nice for a February actually.

Quote:
1/ removing weapons can cause chaos with scenarios. I recently made a few changes like you propose to the WW2 German OOB and had to redo 26 scenarios..... the end result is someone got a tiny detail corrected and I got an afternoon of work and the end result for gameplay is NOTHING
I know, I looked for stuff that not likely to be used in many scenarios specifically. The most problematic are 23 mm guns for airplanes (I assume that MiG-17s could be pretty popular for air support) and especially 7,62mm vehicle MGs.

But I still do not understand why previous makers of the OOB decided to make distinct coaxial and bow machine guns of the same type within the same class. Is there something that I do not understand about the mechanic?
Detail freaks like details.......

Someone opens a book and sees that the standard BMG or Tank 'T' is XYZ and We used ABC they want it changed for "accuracy"..... the real problem is we didn't foresee running out of weapon slots when we expanded the unit and formations lists..... If we had done that at the beginning this would not be an issue but we never dreamed it would be and it is too late now.

The weathers been really nice here too for February but winter isn't done yet
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: