View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2006, 04:44 AM

Sergeant

Devnullicus is on a distinguished road
Default Re: SEV 1.08, Balance Mod 0.91

Turn 2403.0
Researched: Ion Engines 3, Light Hulls 3, Contra-Terrene Engines 1, Resupply 2, Medium-Light Hulls 1, Intelligence 1, Smaller Weapons 1, Armor 4

The Youbut Collective responded to my generous treaty offer with a lame excuse, "Now is not the time for treaties". Well, maybe they're right. I began retro-fitting my aging fleet and moving it toward the border with the Youbuts. Still can't stop snickering at their name.

As a little emphasis on their reply, the Youbuts also decided to attack my poor little scout in their system...with about 10 frigates. Eek. Some of the frigates had anti-proton beams and emissive armor! Double eek. Needless to say, my poor scout didn't last long even though half their fleet started the battle with 0 ordnance and had to run away.

The massive wave of colonizers continues to expand from my home system and many of the colonized systems are starting to become self-supporting. The first non-homeworld spaceyards were finally built. Research is coming along as well and I'm starting to feel like I can make some ships that will stand up for themselves individually instead of just as a swarm.

I also met the Sithrak Dominion (Rock/Oxygen), and the Xi'chung Hive (Rock/Methane). Luckily, they're much farther away than the Youbuts and the colonizer wave hasn't reached them yet. Gives me time to deal with the Youbut. I didn't even bother sending the Sithrak or Xi'Chung treaty proposals..and they didn't bother either.