Thread: helpful files
View Single Post
Old October 6th, 2006, 12:58 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: helpful files

Quote:
FrankTrollman said:
Are weapon numbers gone for Dominions 3? The weapon list is just a bunch of names, should I assume that a trident is "weapon #3" and snake hair is "weapon #37"? If so, could we possibly have numbers added to that file, I'm not sure I counted right.

I'd add the numbrs myself, but I'm as-yet unsure whether that's the specific order and whether it has to be "03" or if it will accept just plain 3.

-Frank
Feel free to test it.
The thing is that I can strip the text out of the game. So I find the list of nations and I pull it out. I test it and find that if I start a 0 (I had forgotten that programmers often start their numbering at zero) and number it straight thru that the numbers that it does match up when I test the commands. Finding out that the indepts had a nation number thru me for abit also.

The same with the other lists. I pulled the list straight out of the code so Im guessing that it will match a numbered series. I can easily number it if someone wanted (its just a couple of commands in linux) but I couldnt gaurantee it was right until someone tested it.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)