Thread: Danish TO & E
View Single Post
Old December 8th, 2011, 10:31 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Thanked 5,425 Times in 2,696 Posts
DRG will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: Danish TO & E

I found this when I loaded up my list and dealt with it but felt the need to comment so we don't go through this again......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palle View Post

-The m95 Rifle is being phased out and exchanged with the better m08, beginning with parts of the DANCON in 2008. Then more and more. I think I saw on the Army's # at Youtube that even more will get it next year.
The "m95" already gets the highest rating for an infantry rifle and I am not adding a duplicate with another name then building a whole new set of infantry units to carry it. What it may be renamed to is simply "5.56 Rifle" because the micro detail naming of rifles etc that a lot of people would like is really getting old. A rifle is a rifle is a rifle unless it has optics then it gets that rating and all those with the optics rating ( acc=6 ) do the same job no matter what they are named and we already have over 35,000 units in this game to keep track of

Quote:

-Danish snipers use the Sako TRG-42 .338 Lapua Magnum, the Jægers use the H&K MSG90, Sako TRG-42 .338 Lapua Magnum or the AW50 as they please.

The existing Heavy sniper rifle already has the highest hvy sniper rifle rating and one is good enough..see above

Quote:

-Some Danish Engineers have m82 Anti Material Rifles for detonating Mines.
and the game code still needs to be fixed to make that work and when it does it will still only be snipers classed units who can do this so next release buy a heavy sniper for your engineers

Quote:

-The CV9035 IKK is an IFV (IKK = IFV), I see it only as a support unit in game while the mentioned Life Guard unit and apparently their equivalent in the Guards Hussars (the guys in Armadillo drive them), uses them as APCs..

REALLY ?? You don't see formations 206, 207 and 208 that use that vehicle as a APC/IFV ?? Or perhaps the "problem" here is you hung up on the unit class name being "support" It's named "support APC" because we cannot name all APC/IFV classes simply "APC" or "IFV" and , "light support" , is just a name as well. That's an APC/IFV clone class and that's what it's being used for with those formations so your assumption it's not being used is incorrect. We could have used the "Hvy APC" class for that unit but it's irrelevant.. they both do the same job in the game

Don
The Following User Says Thank You to DRG For This Useful Post: