View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2010, 09:59 PM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: USSR vs Finland II

Turn 21

Pulled all my armor off of the northern peak of Hill 1, but one of my armored cars took the time to take a few shots at the enemy T-28E on the southern peak. I started by lighting the enemy tanks up with small arms. The objective was to get him to turn giving my units on the northern flank some shots. It worked and I got one flank shot. No joy; it bounced of the front anyhow. The tank turned back toward my tanks and I gave up and backed off. Before completely leaving, I made sure the sniper on that peak was destroyed. My three tanks back up to the main infantry line and the armored cars moved to where they can use the T-28E next turn. My tanks and infantry traded fire with the enemy infantry around the peak. The enemy force seems to be wavering here. I see one new enemy squad north of the hill, but it is too far off to do any harm yet and probably isn't alone.

My force on Hill 2 is stabilizing some, but life is still difficult. I pulled back one of my tanks since there was an enemy squad to his rear. He slide around the side, turned around and cut loose, sending the enemy back. My other two tanks fired at the group rounding the north side of the lake, because that seems to be where they are making the most progress. The group coming around the south side of the lake are chewed pretty well, but not out of it yet. Both enemy groups are bunching up. My mortar rounds started dropping. Unfortunately, the one targeting the northern group was about 150m off and that is the one I need on target. One 82mm and one 50mm mortar were on target for the southern group. Aside from a few enemy artillery rounds on the forward slope of Hill 2, the rest has stopped. Things are getting better, but far from peachy.

I have decided against moving in infantry reinforcements from the south. It occurred to me the enemy could very easily be sending troop around the southern side of the lake there and hit me right where my infantry use to be. My three light tanks are moving over, however.

Casualties

Friendly: Estimated 5 casualties.

Enemy: Estimated 15 casualties.