Thread: AAR The Days Complete
View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2018, 10:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Days Complete

Part 6 (Turns 21-30)

Thanks to the diminishing Russian numbers, their attack has dropped to a crawling pace…but boy, did I take it on the chin this turn. Russian air strikes and helos did wonders this turns causing huge casualties on my forces. My AA managed to shoot down 3 aircraft and force 3 helos to withdraw (one of them, a Mi-28 survived with 18 damage, then turned around and put an Ataka missile on a T72 before leaving the battlefield leaving me dumbfounded by my bad luck and the Russian pilot’s resolve) and I think the Russian air force has lost most of its momentum. 3 Mi-28s remain though and I think I have a new unit to hate the most. I don’t have any decent heavy vehicle on open sight for fear of instant death by these machines of devil.
To add insult to injury, the Russian artillery has regained its infamous efficiency. I thought that the 300mm rockets and most of MSTAs cluster munitions were depleted. My bad. They still had them and turned a big pile of my BMPs to scrap metal. My ammo trucks, Spike ATGMs and PBI were also victims. Not only that, but I turned complacent and didn’t move my artillery for a couple of turns. Of course the AI took advantage of it and knocked out 4 of my SP arty with cluster munitions. These were some hard 10 turns.

Anyway, from the above picture it can be seen that the Russian advance was limited. Their only gain was the crossroads to the north of the Grain Silos. This time it was their firepower that did all the show, not dashing maneuvers.
To make things worse, I did sent my airforce to try to cause damage to the Russian forces. The word obliterated is not enough to describe what happened. The moment any aircraft appeared, SAMs launched from around 20 TOR-M1s and Tunguskas in total immediately blew it out of the sky. Even my Wild Weasel aircraft did not do anything. 6 aircraft shot down for not a single target damaged. That was catastrophic.