View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2006, 07:39 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Soviet Campaigns

I have taken part of the "German Biased" thread and started this one because I thought it needed a fresh start. I quoted Smersh (hope that was ok) to help get the thread rolling.

Quote:
Smersh said:I guess your right,Mobhack. it could be the lack of very detailed battalion level information, but there are plenty of translated soviet materials, or at least enough information to estimate how battalions would have behaved during some of the more famous battles (most campaigns are probably not 100% historically accurate, but focus more on making it fun to play).
Some of it also has to do with access to topographic maps of the time period. Sure, large operational maps are OK for large unit locations and such BUT if you want to create accurate maps you really need access to detailed maps of the area of about 1:50000 scale. I'm not sure how many are out there and the ones that are have all the info in Russian.

Perhaps if we had some volunteer Russian translators to help out something may get worked on.