View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2006, 08:44 PM

Major

Double_Deuce is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Soviet Campaigns

Quote:
Smersh said:I was looking at some Operation 'little saturn'offensive info (took placearound the don/stalingrad area against the italion 8th army in december of 1942), . if we were to model this historically accurate, we would have to have a division sized force in a 2-3km sector. it also talks about 43 gun tubes per km (20 hexes). this is something that has to be addressed.
Might be hard to do at the SP level. Too many units can overburden the average player. For "playability" best to keep it as manageble as possible for the players. Right now I am looking at a Rifle Battalion as the core force even if that requires smaller maps of maybe 50x50.
Quote:
Smersh said:I'm sure there are plenty of maps of stalingrad at the right scale, a campign could focus on offensive operations to "liquidate" the 6th army stalingrad pocket. hard fighting for both sides here. could be interesting.
True but . . most everyone that does East Front seems to do Stalingrad stuff. I'm looking at something other than Stalingrad. Right now I am looking for some different areas and it may take a little time to get together what I need and settle on a particular area/unit, etc.

In any event, thanks for the offer to help translate. Tghis is just at the idea stage so far and will obviously need a lot of work but I think it is do-able.