Thread: Mod Warhammer MA: Empire
View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:25 AM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Warhammer MA: Empire

I am to an extent. Each different state unit will bear the livery of a different force or region. For instance the Halberdier up there is clearly from Altdorf, while the spearman has a modified Stirland colour scheme. The greatsword might be from a number of different places. I'm not going to pay very close attention to copying livery colours and patterns, but I am going to make sure the armies look colourful and the units are distinct - you aren't playing a single region army here, but a combined Imperial force, so many and varied colour schemes make perfect sense.

I'm splitting the Empire into North and South. Roughly speaking this will be the split:

North

Middenland
Middenheim (city)
Talabecland
Talabheim (city)
Hochland
Ostland
Ostermark
Norland
Kislev Allies

South

Reikland
Altdorf (city)
Nuln (city)
Wissenland
Averland
Stirland
The Moot (Halfling region)

Clearly the Empire South gets more engineery stuff due to Nuln, Halflings due to The Moot, different knightly orers etc while Empire North gets huntsmen, Kislevites, the northern knightly orders,.. and so on.

The two sides will end up being pretty different. Even their basic state troops have some differences - southern spearmen use long spears and ringmail while northerners use regular spears and have plate cuirasses like halberdiers, the southern state troops include crossbows, northern shortbow archer militia are slightly better,.... lots of little things.