View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2010, 01:09 PM

First Lieutenant

Torin is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Pretender design for Yomi

Kadelake hit it. taking heat 3 should only be taken if you get fire resistant troop/mages. For ex: I think EA Ulm works well with cold 3 because they ignore the extra fatigue and probably their opponents dont.

An other point is the cold opponents of the early era. All nordic nations, plus caelum and ulm and probably the water nations. And their dominion is worse than winter. So if you build a fort in enemy dominion is worth making a temple and preach simply to be able to use battle magic.

But just to offset them is not worthwile to get some extra fatigue from extreme heat.

Still i now think heat 1 might be sufficient. im not sure.

EA Agartha feels the same and even more than yomi because you can use the Dai onis instead. But you can hardly replace your Agarthan oracles.

All in all the income hit is the least I think of in the heat-cold thing. If youre up to maximize gold then take 0. But im maximizing the pretenders research. And in my point of view and others is that its faster than taking a magic scale. tough more expensive in points. As you have to get negative scales and there is no way around it. Wich negative scales you choose is kind of a personal preference i think.

Last edited by Torin; August 22nd, 2010 at 01:20 PM..