View Single Post
Old July 18th, 2007, 06:33 PM

Private

Doncommie is on a distinguished road
Default Ramming spoils combat for me

This is a deceptive subject line because I am not talking about ramming on purpose, I am finding that the vast majority of time I die in combat to being rammed. As all ships like to constantly close in on the enemy I find that enemies tend to approach me then as I or they turn away they still try to smack into the side of me. This is generally with multiple opponents where there is less room to maneuver plus turning your unarmed back to an opponent is fairly suicidal. The cloaking device helps a little but you still have to be extremely careful, in the last game in a three ship encounter I had a ship swipe into my previously healthy ship and take out the cloak and all of my modules.

I don't think it would be as much of a problem if it wasn't for the insane damage ramming does, your five star shield folds up instantly and if you get lucky you might pull away with only a few module out of action and your health bar halfway into the red.

Am I just approaching combat wrong and should be trying harder to keep distance?