Lieutenant Colonel

Location: Hellas->Macedonia->Thessaloniki->City Center->noisy neighbourhood
Wdll is on a distinguished road
Default Re: maximum range vs weapon accuracy; warhead vs penetration

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp10 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdll View Post

If a single one hits, pens and kills the target, surely they stop firing, right?
If that single hit does not kill the target you might have given away your best chance in a close, quick moving situation. The results of a hit can be hard to determine quickly. The explosion will obscure the target briefly. A vehicle may still keep moving even with a wounded/dead driver for a distance.
Two common techniques for volley fire.
1. Stationary target. A soldier yells out the range and fires. if it falls short/long the next soldier yells out a corrected range and fires (example: First shot 150, it falls over, next shot 125...) Once it is hit all remaining LAWs fire at that range.
2. Moving vehicle. Leader estimates target range. Some of the LAWs will fire at that range, some will fire a distance less, some more. Example: 6 LAWs, 2 fires at 150, 2 at 175, 2 at 125.
Sounds more complicated by with proper training no so confusing.

Both these methods could be considered being used within the time frame of the Rate-of-Fire a single game turn. I consider the ammo limit of a unit's LAWs to not specifically mean that is the number of LAWs but how many 'firings' of LAWs that unit has regardless of method of engagement
I was joking but thanks for the article

Though I have to guess your last paragraph was also an attempt of humor from your side.