View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2018, 06:53 AM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,219 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Suggestion regarding artillery

The game doesn't care which observer adjusts the fire, other than the initial one (for time of arrival) and LOS when the shells fall. The mission isn't "owned" by whatever observer called the shoot, just whichever one you decided to do the last adjust with is allocated as the last one to spot it, and hence any LOS issue is from him.

So - its perfectly OK to find your most skilled observer and call with him, then adjust with whoever has the best LOS.

The only advantage of multitudes of observers is that it can give you a couple more "gold spots" in some cases, and you have them in areas where they might have LOS to the impact hex if trees and smoke do not obscure LOS. But observers can be expensive items.

Me, I just buy one just after A) and call from him and aujust using him even if the adjustment is blind most of the time. About the only time I use someone else may be for some danger close fires, and I will use a command element that has LOS and accept the extra +1 or whatever per adjustment just to make sure.

But your worrying about "who owns the shoot" is not an issue. The last observer you used is the one who now owns the mission so simply find the one of several you have on the map that has the required LOS (if any) and use that, and consider using a company or platoon commander with LOS perhaps, if they have requisite LOS, accepting that they may be slower shifters.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: