View Single Post
Old September 24th, 2012, 09:09 AM

Sergeant

sigeena is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Japanese Long Campaign

Situation at Turn 20

A Coy sector remains pretty much the same. Pl 3, the point platoon is holding off the enemy armour splendidly.

B Coy has been split by the speed of enemy armour. About half of Platoon 5 remains, and I've decided to withdraw them if possible. Platoon 4 is now stranded and I decide that they should remain largely where they are.

C Coy's sector is somewhat stabilising. The ATGs have almost knocked out all enemy armour. However, Platoon 9 is no longer effective and they will be withdrawn. Platoon 7 and 8 will remain to frustrate the enemy infantry.

D Coy has been the most disastrous sector. Platoon 11 is almost completely dispersed by the enemy armour, and the enemy thrust is aimed directly at my soft underbelly, between B and D Coy. Platoon 12 will continue to delay while Platoon 10 hurry to set-up the next position.

I'm beginning to withdraw my HMG Coy. They have been very difficult to deploy and I hardly think its worth spending them needlessly in such an unfavourable terrain and mission.

The current plan for the next 5-8 turns is to deploy A Coy's reserve platoons (Pl 1 and 2) to prepare to meet the enemy armour that is thrusting from D Coy's sector. If that goes awry, it's pretty much a write-off for the entire battalion in this one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A Coy T20.jpg
Views:	419
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	12051   Click image for larger version

Name:	B Coy T20.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	12052   Click image for larger version

Name:	C Coy T20.jpg
Views:	401