View Single Post
Old June 20th, 2009, 12:39 AM

Captain

RERomine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: Moscow Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imp View Post
You will have to restart for it to take effect but edit your ini, if you cant find the post with a search I can tell you the line to add. set AI to 130-150% & see how it goes.
Applies to both battles & campaigns vs the AI but if choose 150% keep an eye on your force size to let it have that when its assaulting. You should manage both figures & still remain intact with a few moments of exitment.

The other thing as helos are in your core keep an eye on your airstrikes if not allowed fly them straight off the map they make supporting areas easy
Thanks John!! I wouldn't have known to look if you hadn't mentioned it, but I did find it. To start out, I'm setting mine to 150%. Giving the AI an extra 50% might make being on the defending side a bit more challenging, but I've done defends at much worse odd than that. I tried one where the AI out numbered my defending force 6 to 1, but that was WinSPWW2. Came very close to getting a marginal victory out of it. It ended up a draw. I should be able to handle it in WinSPMBT, but I did have a better handle on the equipment in WW2. With MBT, there are just too many years and too many nations to really know it all inside out.

I'm not big on air strikes or helos, but in the three campaign battles I've fought, I always took two gunships in support. More than anything, I use them as a highly mobile method to support hot spots. In those three battles, they only scored a hand full of kills on APCs. I respect the capability of both helos and fixed wing aircraft, however. My air defense isn't neglected.

Thanks again for the information!