View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2017, 01:17 AM

Private

Nitro Cruiser is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anyone seen or heard anything about this

Yeah, I'm a bit skeptical, as I've heard other games compared to Steel Panthers over the years. The Close Combat series comes to mind, a decent game for real time, but that's not even close IMO. I'd say the closest is "Tigers on the Hunt" based closely on the "Squad Leader" board games; arguably the daddy of all WWII games including SP. SP just took all the thick rule books out of it and let the player play.

Sitherine has published some decent stuff. I like that they revived “Panzer General” (now redone as “Order of Battle”), a good fun, beer and pretzels operational level WWII game. Now, Gary definitely makes a hardcore, number crunching, strategic level games. I’m wondering if he can make lightning strike again since his first go round with the tactical level SP series so long ago. A lot sure has changed since then. It will definitely be interesting to follow. I hope they stick with YouGoIGo and post a developers log. I'm sure it's years off though. If they can do a quarter of the longevity of SPWW2 they would have quite an accomplishment.

Last edited by Nitro Cruiser; May 26th, 2017 at 01:41 AM..