View Single Post
Old November 12th, 2015, 11:08 AM

Private

Saul is on a distinguished road
Default Re: YASD: Yet Another Stupid Death

Excepting being beaten by my own curiosity (I know I shouldn't flip those Star Temples switches each time I die because of it), I encountered my first really uncalled-for death in my best game so far, in sector 17.

My brilliant captain and his staff of two officers were tasked, back in sector 15, with their first bounty hunting mission ever. Intrigued by the premise and pretty confident our miner ship was up to the task, we headed that way. After scouring the sector for a while, we met our target, the Valourous Adad, a refitted Vordalene scout that looked much larger now that she was right in front of us. Shots were fired and when the ship tried to escape through a nearby massive asteroid belt, we pursued her ; the fight was epic, both ships not missing a single shot despite the chaotic nature of our fighting field. Oh Adad was indeed valourous. The climax was upon us : both our ships' shields were down, it was now a matter of... *PLOP*
Our ship had disappeared bellow us, just like that, leaving us stranded in space.
Looking at the ship's log with our last breath of oxygen, we discover some opportunist merc hunter hailed us, the next second taking our then still healthily armoured ship out of existence with a weapon of a new type, all this out of our sensors' range.

At least, now I have a nemesis to hunt for in all of my future games (though I doubt I'll survive the next encounter either XD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AIYASD 1.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	13997