View Single Post
Old November 13th, 2008, 12:08 PM

Captain

licker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Death scale on Abyssia

If you are taking order and luck you are minimizing the usefulness of luck, and if you also take death you are minimizing the usefulness of order (mid/late game).

Seems to me it would be interesting to look at T3P3H3L3D3 and whatever you can pull in magic/drain depending on what points you have left.

Of course T3 is painful early game if you don't get some BIG luck events to even it out, but then again you can alchemize your fire gems if you really need to.

Alternatively don't take T3, just keep it neutral and drop your production back to 1 or 2. I would imagine that early game you are hurting more for production than gold, and luck cannot help (well not as often anyway) with production as it can with gold.

I'm also pretty sure that the best bless to take is E9, and not so sure you really need anyother bless at all, which makes an awake cyclops interesting as if you nab a dom9 you can just plow through indies like mad (other than knights). Taking an awake scorpian king is also interesting as you can fairly easilly sneak in a f4.

Then again you don't have much magic diversity (in any age I think), but what do you really need the diversity for again? Blood and Astral are already givens, and those can form the backbone of any mid/late game strategy. Nature might be nice, but nature is really easy to pick up with indies. Death is probably the one with the most potential synergy for you, but meh, I wouldn't necessarily just take it on a pretender for a few extra blood summons.