View Single Post
Old August 17th, 2000, 06:24 AM

Corporal

wingte is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Another Approach to Research

WINGTE:
You said: "SE does have a form of "racial" modifiers but they don't seem to have any impact on the amount or type of recearch any race has access to."

But, what about the Psychic, Deeply Religous, Temporal Knowledge, Cristallurgy, Organic Manipulation, advanced traits?
These techs allow unique extra tech tree, for the race that have the racial advantage... The only problem that I can see with it, it's that some advanced traits looks much pore powerful, than others (for example Cristallurgy, Organic Manipulations, Psychic).

Also, for example, it's possible to create most of the Moo2 races, because you can manipulate the Culture, Physical Characteristics and Vocational Aptitudes

========================================

Well, I have no desire to recreate the MOO Races. Making too liberal use of the MOO II Creat your own race feature can produce one that is essentially unbeatable even in the hard mode by any race except the Silicoids. It also makes for a boring game.

Personally I like the Imperium Galactica II system where some races can't even use some of the tech that other races can research. Everything there seems to balance out,, but even in the easy mode there is no guarantee that any given race will be able to defeat any other race.

------------------
Wingte