Thread: Map Poke in the Eye
View Single Post
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:03 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Poke in the Eye map

Quote:
Lazy_Perfectionist said:
What makes independent castles so easy to take?

If its starvation, I have an idea for that I can go into.
If its not enough defense, ditto.

Without knowing the details of the particular problem, I'll be brief.
Create a 'cauldron' commander to assign to every province and supply food. Perhaps a siege bonus as well? But otherwise, a nonfunctional though highly damage resistant unit.
Its an old old complaint (since Dom1?) which is the lack of a #patrol command for maps. At the moment, randomly dropping a castle in a province puts everyone inside it. That means that I can run around the map with scouts attacking castles I find to claim the province, then when I reach it with my army I can siege it with no combat. It doesnt make adding castles such a good thing.

Of course, the reason is also gone I suppose. This was back when the AI didnt build castles so giving it some to take as it expanded helped that.

Endoperez had a fix which was to drop the castle, and some units, then assign that province the ownership of a nation and every unit dropped there after that was owned by that nation. I had used it to create castles that were being seiged by player nations. But surprisingly I had never tried using the nation number for Indepts (23). That works well but now I have to skip the player nations.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)