View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2012, 07:42 AM

Major

Fantomen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3 no longer available from Shrapnel?

I too hope that Shrapnel will keep this forum open for reference, but I personally think it will die out as a hub for actual player interaction.

dom3mods is already more active than this forum, and without the distribution new players will no longer start out here. I suspect there will be a steadily growing desura forum operating side by side with SA and dom3mods, I think that will turn out much better than the current situation once the confusion ove migrating the community settles.

In any case it might be a good idea to do some kind of project to secure all the information stored here, just to be safe. Like backing up the entire strategy index on the dom3mods lords of war section. That also has the benefit that it could be reordered by validity to some extent.

And so on, in any case we should all try and help ease the migration and minimize the hassles. I know that not everyone likes it at dom3mods but even for those who don't I think it could be a very useful intermediary stable platform while the desura community matures.