View Single Post
Old July 6th, 2015, 06:32 AM

Private

Lancer is on a distinguished road
Default Re: (WIP) Campaign: Lvov to Berlin

I have completed battle seven (securing the bridgehead) Decisive victory, 27 turns.

Cleared out the Estate but did not convert the objective hexes right away. Moved a platoon south of that to cover that approach. Some kind of spaa destroyed the halftrack (empty). Most of the force moved along the edge of the woods following the main road. Engaged a couple of atg and maybe an infantry platoon. Destroyed them with almost no loss. A tank hunter and a bren carrier continued up the road and met no oppostion. So a tank platoon (plus smg) was sent to approach the town from the north, taking objective hexes along the way. They eventually engaged a small mobile force that looked to be moving north to meet them. We won.

The remaining platoon (plus smg) moved south towards the town staying in the woods. The platoon (plus smg) at the estate also moved west toward the town to meet them. They both basically ambushed enemy troops moving towards the estate. And then took the town and all the objectives. Destroyed some mortars and another atg along the way. Did lose a tank (but not the crew!) to a panzerschreck team that managed to get behind them. I think all enemy forces were destroyed except the kommander who was never found.

Another well designed scenario. Had to find the right balance of speed and patience to come out with few losses. If there were a few less turns I probably would have been a little more reckless and lost more troops. And also if the enemy atg had waited for tanks and not fired on smg platoons first.(they were getting very close range) I keep wanting to add some scouts to the force or change the tank hunters/bren carriers into something else though I never do.

Thank you!

Last edited by Lancer; July 6th, 2015 at 06:56 AM..