View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2017, 10:41 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just quickly someone I am proud of

Allright Gentlemen.

It is done. I am uploading very last turn of very last, 29th battle.

I started a long German campaign about ~10 months ago. It was my first long campaign in this game ever, even though I play it for like 10 years.

I started on 1st September 1939.

My force consisted of:

KG Langkeit HQ
Forward Observer

Tank company made of:
3x HQ tanks (Pz Is)
5x Pz Is ("close assault platoon")
3x Pz38(t) ("heavy platoon")
6x Pz IIs ("Fighting platoon")
- this structure remained in it's entirity and help main roles. For this reason Heavy platoon got priority in getting Pz IVs first over Pz IIIs and so on...

Panzergrenadier Kompanie (Mot)
- 3 platoons on Opel trucks in the beginning

Later developed into 4 platoon panzergrenadiere on Kfz.

And later, starting from France, my force was gradually developing. I added:
- GrW platoon
- AA section
- AT gun platoon
- Ammo carrier section
- SP-AT platoon
All this in 1940

And later in late 1942:
- Pionieer platoon (mechanized)

I was using some amount of support points. AI was set to XXX, map size always 90x90.
Aaaand... that was epic ride. Not that epic as my campaign with Ts4Ever - which is also about to end soon (but takes longer since core force is greater and scenarios more challenging).

Well... just look at the very last save. And see for yourself.

All surnames of 1939 veterans were game-generated. After that all new units were deployed with randomly generated surname by this website:
https://www.behindthename.com/random...=1&usage_ger=1

And you will notice that surnames have letters added to them. The more letters, the greater is the veteran.
The best option is PFBRARI, which literally stands for:
P - Poland
F - France
B - Balkans
R - 1st Russia (1941-42)
A - Africa (late 1942 - early 1943)
R - 2nd Russia (1943)
I - Italy (1944)
No further letters and alive - unit made it through Normandy and Germany 1945. Any surviving unit should be considered veteran of July 1944 - May 1945 battles.

If you like, I can paste here a full list of all casualties I sustained.

Oh, also important note: I used dice to determine whetever my unit qualified for modernization. It is May 1945 and I did not receive Koenigs Tigers and I was stuck with Panzer IIIs till very late 1942 and got rid of them in 1943. Also, my SP-AT platoon took extreme losses at it operated Panzerjeager I till 1943, and then Marder, only to upgrade to Jagdpanther in very late 1944.

If you have any questions about this endavour... feel free to ask.
And for those who won't look into the save: yes, commander of Heavy Platoon, Hauptmann Schaub, survived the war with 122 experience and 118 confirmed kills

Oberleutnant Becker with 91 eliminations starting in 1939 is also worth noting. And many others... because I still keep their names and I spent a lot of time to personalize them all.

Endkampf um Deutschland.

PS: If you make it through the very last turn, you will see all the final statistics.
Attached Files
File Type: zip The end of German Long Campaign.zip (263.1 KB, 247 views)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SaS TrooP For This Useful Post: