View Single Post
Old December 4th, 2009, 05:15 AM

Corporal

happygeek is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Need advice with Laptop

Thank you.
I checked notebooksbilliger.de, that was good, but didn't really find anything, oddly enough -- seems I have to pay upwards of 1000 Euros for a 15" screen with a 4650 chip if I am to get Windows 7. Hmnn.

I'm almost tempted to buy at Newegg, have it shipped to friends, and have them ship it over -- but am unsure about the power supply, US vs. European. Does anyone know if that will be a problem? I mean, getting a replacement plug for 110V and the right adapter?

Can anyone tell me if I am being crazy? I went to a local "Saturn" and saw a new Sony VGN-FW 54M, which only impressed me because of what appears to be a very nice screen: high resolution, anti-reflection de-mirroring (or however you say that in English). It has a C2D P7450 processor (2.13 GhZ), an ATI 4650 with 1 gig, 4 gigs of RAM, 64-bit Win 7, for 1000 Euros. They keypad seemed suboptimal, but everything else seemed ok. For Germany, this looked like the best deal I've seen so far, even compared to notebooksbilliger.de -- or am I being foolish?

Thank you so very much