View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2008, 03:22 AM

General

vfb is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Devourer of Souls with +10 fear keeps retreati

No, armies and commanders auto-route when the total HP of the army and commanders is reduced below 25% of the initial total HP value.

Units summoned during the battle are not included in the calculation.

Having all the non-commander units die does not cause auto-route unless the total HP of those units (plus commander HP loss) is 75% of the initial HP total.

I'm not sure exactly what the conditions are for causing a morale check in commanders. But every turn the Devourer is taking significant damage, or is next to a fear-causing unit, that will probably cause it to make a morale check.

The Devourer is sacred, so you should try bringing along a priest to bless it if you aren't already. Blessed units get a +2 morale bonus. Personally I think the Devourer is pretty fragile, and also not exactly cheap, so it's better off fighting as part of an army. Unless you've got Kurgi, I'd send a Devourer out solo with Kurgi. You could also throw a Lycanthrope ammy on the Devourer, since you don't need it to cast spells.
Whether he submitted the post, or whether he did not, made no difference. The Thought Police would get him just the same. He had committed— would still have committed, even if he had never set pen to paper— the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Thoughtcrime, they called it. Thoughtcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever.
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?