Thread: Question Favourite Ship Type
View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2015, 12:17 AM

National Security Advisor

PvK is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb Re: Favourite Ship Type

Hmm, I think everyone would want a good crafting ship, as crafting seems to be the easiest path to great component performance, variety of devices available, AND money (since you can sell the stuff you craft for heaps more than the cost of components, once you get good). Seems like you'd almost need/want to add limits to crafting without something everyone could do. Having crafting components take cargo space which is enhanced by the an ability the special cargo ship has might do, except that would be a nerf to the way crafting can currently be used by everyone, so not everyone might approve. Just seems like crafting may already the uber ability that's available to everyone eventually.

I have only unlocked a few ships so far so I don't know what may already exist.

Just brainstorming:

A starliner with lots of crew and cargo, good for cleaning out caves and shipwrecks, but quite slow and very negative evasion, so vulnerable to other ships?

An express courier ship that's very fast but has very little other ability?

A ship with a bonus to secondary ship systems that can be powered?

Occasional unique ships based on existing ships, but customized by the previous owner so that some ability or strength is cut, but some random other ability or strength is added? They'd be tempting since you'd almost never get to get that ship combo again.

A heavier exploration ship with a scanner bonus?

A ground assault ship with bonuses to away team firepower and/or armor?

A Firax ship which has a special teleporter unit that can extract an away team from anywhere (or maybe up to a certain cave depth limit), though it also aborts the away team mission to do so, and leaves behind any cargo carried by the team not yet on the shuttle.

A mine warfare ship?

A smuggler ship with a fake ID device and ? maybe a bypass to Banker base docking fees.

A deep explorer ship with a high oxygen supply booster.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PvK For This Useful Post: