Thread: Scenario WW3: Dutch interception
View Single Post
Old January 3rd, 2017, 12:15 PM

Second Lieutenant

Aeraaa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: WW3: Dutch interception

Turns 21-30
Russians keep throwing men and machines at Barendorf, to little effect. The Russian air force continues to destroy my APCs, but they do little other to my forces. I lose one Apache to a BMP-3 and one Chinook to a T72 when it landed in clear line of site. counterattack with infantry and recon forces and occupy most objectives, save one at the south of Barendorf. The result is marginal victory with 8321 total points lost as you can see in the screen below. So victory!

What helped me win was the constant movement of units, which made artillery barrages less successful (though they did manage to hit one Patriot). In addition, transporting ammo trucks with Chinooks to rearm ATGMs was also crucial. The Patriots themselves did not stay in the battlefield for long, but they did manage to drive away the Russian attack helos when they showed up. Maybe I should’ve kept them a bit longer to fight the fixed wing aircraft when they appeared, but I got a bit panicked when I saw my precious AA get bombarded. Helos were very valuable, since they wiped out the Russian artillery and also knocked out several tanks (in total Russians lost 25 tanks). The Russian T72B3M/B4s proved very resilient, needing several ATGM s fired at them to remove the active defenses and even then, the ERA and thick frontal armor (for some reason I didn’t score many top hits) helped them greatly.