Old March 19th, 2017, 02:09 PM

National Security Advisor

Thanked 1,853 Times in 1,217 Posts
Mobhack is on a distinguished road
Default Re: winSPMBT V11 upgrade for 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Luc- View Post
Hi again,

Here is the spécification of my system if it can help.

Thank you again!
1) Are you absolutely sure you installed the updates to the same folder as the game was installed?.

If you have an old CD version then the game will likely be in program files/... whereas modern installations of the game (and the patches) install to /shrapnel games/camo workshop/...

Ensure that you installed all to the common /shrapnel games/... folder - and not the old /program files/ folder, since Windows Vista and later mess with installations (especially patch updates) to that folder.

If your game is under /program files/... then uninstall it and reinstall it then its patches under the new scheme to C:\Shrapnel Games\The Camo Workshop\WinSPMBT

2) Are you running in full screen mode?. In windows 7 full screen mode a special script is run to kill explorer and its use of the 256 colour mode. I forget what the fancy screen mode 7 is called, its been so long since I upgraded to 8 and 10.

If so - run the game in Windowed mode at desktop resolution, and see if it works. This is the recommended way of playing for CD owners, full screen mode is a vintage mode only there from DOS days, it is no longer supported.

(However absolutely no changes have been made to the Windows 7 script since that was done several years ago. If it was working before then it should work now.)
The Following User Says Thank You to Mobhack For This Useful Post: