Thread: Scenario Vital Airfield
View Single Post
Old April 15th, 2017, 12:29 AM

Lieutenant General

Suhiir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vital Airfield

Yeah, the paras are really a wildcard since you have no clue where they'll land (and as designer best I can do is pick a general drop zone). Could be a nuisance or a major pain in the rear.

I'd suggest hit-n-run with the ATGMs and armor. Try to disrupt them a bit so their assault is a bit less coordinated (not that AI assaults are all that coordinated to start with).

Trouble is ... there are more Ruskie helos then you have air-to-air missiles on your Cobras ... when and where can you rearm?

The transport helos can be VERY useful after they drop their troops ... I'll leave it to you to figure out how

To be honest the Swede 20mm AA is there more for their anti para infantry value then their anti-air.

I adjusted the arrival of the Soviet Infantry and APCs/Armor ... still not ideal but ya do what ya can with the tools the scenario editor gives you.

If you've only gotten less then say 15 turns into the game you've still got a few surprises coming ... I hope.

Thanks for the feedback!

People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." - Albert Einstein