View Single Post
Old June 18th, 2004, 05:40 AM

National Security Advisor

Captain Kwok is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Space Food Empires!

Here is a little background on the whole Space Food idea in general, so at least you'll understand a bit more where it comes from and that I'm not really insane.

The Space Food universe dates back to about 1992. My cousin and I were into Star Trek and were doing a spoof of it in the form of a "radio play" called Food Trek. We developed a little script and a backstory about the food universe and the different cultures. That's probably why you might see some Trek influence in many of the races now. Over the next couple of years we did some "comics" and sketches of ships. I also went as far to create a whole Space Food lore, which in a way I've adapted to suit Space Empires.

Of course, I outgrew the Food universe and didn't think about much until I discovered the Space Empires series. After I lost the original Star Trek mod, I was thinking of something I could do that was more original and not as creatively restricted. So, I decided to revive the idea of my Space Food universe and hence, Space Food Empires was born.

In an ironic twist to the whole story, I now work at a major food ingredients manufacturer and developer so I've been able to incorporate all sorts of stuff that I never would have thought of before. I'm also a geeky science student majoring in biology/chemistry so I've tried to incorporate some of that into the mod as well.

Anyways, I just thought it might be interesting to share that with you guys.

[ June 18, 2004, 04:42: Message edited by: Captain Kwok ]