Thread: Vengefull Witch
View Single Post
Old September 12th, 2006, 04:15 AM

Private

imh00052 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Vengefull Witch

Thanks for the replies!

Usually I play long games with or without my friends. Highest # of turns in a game for me is 240 or so especially with some of these maps with 250+ provinces. My friends and I like to set random events to common and set independents level to nine so the game lasts longer. I don't want to get rid of the curse spells or effects from battle just the random you have destroyed a witchs home and stole her gems so she curses your whole army. I never really had a problem with it but one game I invested alot in the order and luck dominion only to have most of my troops in every province cursed by turn 100. I guess I should set events to rare but I can handle every other random event good or bad. I just don't want a cursed army for stealing when I invested into the order and luck dominion to counter that. You should get that random curse event when there is turmoil or bad luck. It doesn't seem to be province specific either. Any province at any time i suppose.

I do wish for gems alot. I don't think that it causes your people to steal gems from an innocent hag or not but you never know. I know that the pocket lich curses random people but I've never had a big problem with that. When I am amassing troops in a province for an invasion though if that random event hits (as it does about every 25 turns for me in extreme cases) then it will curse hundreds of regular troops and at least half the commanders in the province. In provinces where I have hardly any troops every one is cursed!

I don't know if mods make the event occcur more but I do use the arco mod alot and some of the new pretender mods. I will definately make a record of these events. The vengefull witch is never a problem when we are playing short games with 100 provinces or less so mabe length of game is a factor. Is there any way to write a mod that can get rid of certain random events?

Thanks to everyone for thier imput.