Thread: Scenario Withstand La Baronne
View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2016, 06:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

SaS TrooP is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Withstand La Baronne

I will think about snipers, that could be a sort of addition. Thing is there was historically lack of those. I read a book, not sure if released in English, written by veterans of that division. La Baronne engagement - key one of battle of Lagarde - was fought from very static position against single, strong German wave. It all went to hell only after Colonel Dagnan's force suddenly broke to the south, what is represented by you know what (I would like to avoid spoilers for others :P)

As of rally... no units are modified when comes to exp/mor settings, only all 0 units (platoon leaders) have their surnames changed as entire list of all troops of the division is available. Poland in 1940 comes with 65/55 setting. Which is good, as officers are experienced after 1939 and they took extensive training prior. Privates however were mostly recruited from polish minority in France, only small percent managed to make their way from occupied country.
This book does not state this directly (as it would be serious self-criticism), but in the later stages division suffered from lots of desertions, as many troops felt connected to France and refused to conduct fighting withdrawal to the end.

So I wonder if that should not me for decreased rally? Also, isn't rally assigned basing on exp and morale of particular unit?

PS: If anyone wanted, I also have detailed polish book about Carpathian Rifles - including detailed depiction of Carmusset er Regem battle (present as scenario in SPWW2), but also Tobruk combat in general.
As for other scenarios, I have a huge list - I want to make a lot of Sicily, Fustian, Ladbroke, Gela (probably as 2-3 scenarios) and Centuripe.
Finally, I still have untouched book about General Maczek's 1st Polish Armoured Division. They had pretty rough fight work depicting. I will see what I can do