View Single Post
Old September 8th, 2014, 02:13 PM

Sergeant

RVPERTVS is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Daunted by Long Campaign force selection

Thanks a lot Andy! Fast and comprehensive as always. I have a couple of questions though about this info:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobhack View Post
I buy the "support company" items as a group, so they are together, as a support company grouping. (It would be a support platoon, if I was playing with a company sized core).
What type of units should I buy with my support points then? I usually get the arty, recon, etc with support points so they are always at the end of the list.

This reminded me of an issue I experienced on my last game: when using the N and P commands if the next unit is mounted the cursor hex is placed over the transport unit, but when the N command is used again then the cursor goes to the next unit on the transport formation.

Quote:
(Maybe if really bored some time, I will make a database reshuffling tool!)
That would be great!

Quote:
Having the flak elements have gained experience means that when converted to arty (in a non German core) they then have quicker response times. And any German anti tank converts to flak tend to be noticeably more effective since they usually have a sizeable kill total (and hence the experience gain for that) by the time they do switch roles.
I was in the belief that converted units start fresh and that experience was lost.