View Single Post
Old September 21st, 2020, 11:56 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

Had issues trying to log in again early this morning, sorry for the delay.

Alright just completed a review of my 2019/2020 Submission Campaign Parts 1-3 (Along w/the wash out of Part 3.), to also include all the intervening posts where we hashed out some issues and added a couple of pieces of equipment that came up during the process (i.e. T-64 BULAT M17) and mods based mostly on date and revised equipment (i.e. K2 PIP).

The results were very gratifying for me to see, especially, for South Africa for all the work that was put into researching those tanks and all that came before in the last submissions around 4/5 years before-THANK YOU. I hope some players will take advantage as some of the countries in that area also saw some new tanks in the last patch.

So what did I find, not too much really as indicated above and given Don's workload specifically in the OOB area these were I'm sure just minor oversights and as he posted I ended up giving him 5 pages of printed data just myself.

With that being said I guess this year I need to shoot for at least 6 pages of data!?! Before you get that two or three beers, I'll save you the trip, I'll just "shoot" myself if it gets there.

So there should be no surprises here from well "forever" and the USA/USMC for the MAJOR ABRAMS headache I gave myself starting with M1A1 FEP that opened the door to the rest.

Here's what I got...
INDIA ARJUN MK-1/UNIT 020/END DATE/DEC 2025 VICE DEC 2015//
I believe I posted that they are currently operational in the 43rd Tank Regiment-this strictly by memory earlier this evening.

ARJUN MK-1A/UNIT 021/DELETE/AAG/ADD/RWS w/12.7mm//

ARJUN MK-II/UNIT 022/DELETE AAG/ADD/RWS w/12.7mm//

I think I know why these below might not have gotten changed, first because before it became known as the M1A2C, it was also "officially" called the the ABRAMS SEP V3.

Next was submitted as a COPY of UNIT 517 (M1A2 SEP V2) that represented that Battalion/or Regiment that was sent to Europe in 2018 as an urgent equipment upgrade w/APS as part of a show of force prior to deployment overseas. As far as I can determine TROPHY is still equipped on those tanks. UPDATE: THEY ARE @ 2058.

However it's still not been adopted across the board for the rest of the M1A2 SEP V2 fleet and we're still waiting on FOC for the M1A2C. I can see both sides clearly concerning the APS. That being said I'm putting them here anyway if for no reason to show that "I'm paying attention" out here.

USA:
M1A2 SEP V3/UNIT 538/RENAME TO/M1A2C//

ADD/M1A2 SEP V2/COPY/UNIT 517/ADD/START/JAN 2018/TROPHY APS w/4 SHOTS//

See POST 240 for all of the above

That's it, I'm hitting the rack, GOOD NIGHT/or MORNING!!
(I hit it and feel great!! )

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; September 21st, 2020 at 08:59 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: