View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2020, 01:55 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

House Rules Apply here, as noted. It is that time of year again.

Don,
After a couple of emails back and forth, Ralph Zwilling from TANK MASTERS has agreed to provide me with answers to my questions concerning the current LEOPARDS in service with the BUNDESWEHR.

My focus is from the LEOPARD 2A5 to the LEOPARD 2A7V.

I also hope to get his thoughts concerning the BOXER T-40 for use in the BUNDESWEHR and concerning the UK's possible acquisition of them vice the AJAX and WARRIOR CSP. KMW has already approached the Government and MOD about procuring the BOXER T-40 which like the French JAGUAR is ready to go vice AJAX and WARRIOR CSP.

I started that Post (Word Doc) concerning the above before work today and will hopefully have it finished before I go back to work Tuesday. I will leave you with this much from my ref, France and Germany adhered to the following...If it ain't broke, don't fix it., the UK should've followed suit.

The issue isn't in the CT-40 Cannon but, in the fact that UK/Lockheed Martin/BAE changed the subsystems vice keeping the one that was designed to support the CT-40 as designed.

They "cocked it up" and it appears they might pay a heavy price for it. So there is no operational AJAX or WARRIOR CSP.

The French might have theirs (JAGUAR) FIELDED possibly by the end of this year or just into 2021 since their Gun Systems actually work.

But before I go, do you have a couple of questions about LEOPARD or other you want me to ask Ralph about?

The man has access, he writes books on their equipment and ours and does a lot of consulting and photographic work to include for JANE's.

Also for you from 19 OCT 2020...
Tank-Masters.de visited 1st Squadron, 2nd Cavalry Regiment "War Eagles“ (USA-Mine) during their training as part of the exercise Dragoon Thunder 20 at the Maneuver Rights Area (MRA) near Hirschau.

Enjoy!
http://tank-masters.de/?cat=4

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; October 25th, 2020 at 02:03 AM..