View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2021, 11:12 PM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: The FASTBOAT Patch page.

First it has become evident to me, as I 'd on in POSTS 1175/1181 in the MBT Thread, that the only way around the rework and to still be able to get the new and modified equipment into the game is to simply do separate thread submissions throughout the year. My hope is this doesn't go beyond the next two years as I don't want to swamp Don with the big submissions at the end of the year like some have been in the past.

It will require a little more coordination, but, that's what this Threads purpose was originally and currently designed for so we have an uninterrupted method of passing along our thoughts and everything else we use this for. So again, I would request, everyone else's cooperation in regards to keeping this channel open. There's a lot that needs to be done at my end which will fall to Don to carry it through as he sees into the game or not. And he's much more busy then me in regards to the game work.

So in advance to everyone else, I THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COOPERATION!!

Alright to business...
Don, I have already and just finished going through the German OOB to include to a small degree the APC/IFV in particular the BOXER as earlier indicated.

As I see it concerning the 2A5 we have UNITS 031/032/270/271-275.

Concerning the 2A6 we have UNITS 033/034 EX/035/037/276 EX & 277 EX.

I have already indicated that Germany never operated the 2A6 EX as this was an export prototype tank designed for that market.

I was initially thinking to delete them, however, after sometime in researching and thinking about the situation, the right answer here is to just recapitalize or if you prefer RESET them to the missing variations we don't have.

I would ask you at this juncture to consider the following to the above work I have already have, but in bringing this issue/problem up I have a very easy, I hope, solution (Insight: In the Submarine Force we learned not to bring up a problem without presenting options.). The LEOPARD 2A5 was the first model that allowed for add on armor yet we don't have any tanks in the OOB to reflect that as far as I know. We certainly have plenty of slots open to add them as it does benefit the player and game.

The solution is in the Canadian OOB and I'm thinking UNIT 036 fits the bill perfectly and would also fit in nicely with the START 3/01 (Which might change.) of the German 2A6 tanks.
We just need to transfer the Canadian HEAT values from their UNIT 036 and as I look at notes again, I think the German 2A6 EX would be better suited in that role as you've already updated their ammo through the years.

If you decide those tanks make sense, we'll need to change the END Dates for UNIT 037 and if modified as recommended just above, UNIT 277 to 12/25 (Or add two more due to improved ammo upgrade issues since 12/16.)

So later tonight, I intend to contact Germany to see about some better dates and if the help offered is still available to do so.

If not, I remembered, I contacted as you might remember, concerning the East German use of the T-62/or the T-64 and a couple of other items (T-80) that popped up in the Forum.

I still have the emails from the head of the BUNDESWEHR Tank Museum and might get help from there maybe.

It's all or nothing when this gets done, as I don't want to revisit the OOB for these tank issues again.

Let me know what you think about those improved tanks. I can also tell you I'll need to look into the Spanish LEOPARD 2A6E and the Greek LEOPARD 2A6 HEL. A couple things here first this Ref is represents many others I have and second for those who followed the submission of this tank the STRV-122 that's where I might be headed with those two previous tanks.
http://fighting-vehicles.com/leopard...hull%20section.
http://fighting-vehicles.com/leopard-2e-tank/
http://fighting-vehicles.com/strv-122-tank/
(This was unavailable when I submitted it but, fully supports it as we entered it.

I intend to enjoy the rest of my evening and tomorrow we have errands as CINCLANTHOME wants to finish remodeling my room she's such a doer and organizer my room never looked better!!

Good Night!

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; January 25th, 2021 at 02:00 AM..