View Single Post
Old March 15th, 2005, 04:43 AM

Lieutenant General

quantum_mechani is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Persian Empire Mod (Beta)

Quote:
Verjigorm said:
I have completed a mod for Ulm turning them into the Persian empire. Please download/test/play it and let me know what you think. I am especially concerned with issues of unit cost, and errors.

Known issues:
1. I can't get rid of Ulm's free spell "Legions of Steel", but the Persian wizards have difficulty casting it anyway.

2. The spell, "Sanguine Heritage" now summons a Fravartin, not a Vampire Count.

3. Vampire counts are now Fravartin, Thralls are now Spectres--this will cause a change in one of the random (bad) events.

4. I can't change the names of the heroes--I wrote their names into the flavor text.

5. I don't know how (or if) I can insert newline characters into the racial summary.

6. I couldn't give the Simurgh a research bonus without giving it magic paths--it has 1F1A1W1E.

7. Urvaram were originally supposed to be 1N wizards who transformed into 1F1D wizards when they died. Magic paths cannot be changed when a unit shapechanges, so they are now always 1N1D.

8. The mod uses the following indices:
Unit indices: 1650 - 1671
Armor indices: 350 - 352
Weapon indices: 750 - 764
Looks good, however I have a few questions/comments:

*How can you access the changed sanguine heritage spell since you cleared themes?

* I think Sha'ir may be a bit underpriced given the other advantages of the nation. Maybe something like 45-55?

*Perhaps a small cost hike for immortals, given they are non-capital only sacreds.