View Single Post
Old February 3rd, 2015, 02:59 AM

Corporal

Dubious is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Disappointing End :-(

I can understand Chris' position. It's not so much the dying that bothers as the feeling of "not even a saving throw?! I could have made the same game out of tossing a coin: heads, I live; tails, I'm dead." Dying because I pushed things too hard is on me. Dying because I never had a chance to even spot the potential problem with no way out: that's "not fun".

My guess is the design chose to eliminate such situations from the "Easy" game. It can be too discouraging to someone trying it out. (Which, in my opinion is most people playing on "Easy".) Especially if it happens too early in the game. But such "no possible win" situations are never fun. The problem with "Perma-death" is that you don't get the change to re-try and learn from your mistakes. Perhaps it's worth pointing out if the game is any more difficult on Perma-death than "Hard" without? Then expectations might be more in line with reality.

-Dubious-

Last edited by Dubious; February 3rd, 2015 at 03:07 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Dubious For This Useful Post: