View Single Post
Old January 9th, 2003, 01:31 PM

Sergeant

Mark H. Walker is on a distinguished road
Default Latest Release Status

Hi All,

The rules are in for their final copy edit now. Rich only has to finish a handful of admin markers, and those are done. We are tweaking some of the scenarios.

So bottom line? It looks like Tim will have everything ready to ship to the printers by 1/20. He tells me that it takes 3-5 weeks from that date.

Sorry. I know that is another slight delay. I can't tell you all how much time the playtesters and I have put into this. The rub is simple: this is more than a game, it's a game system. Trying to stay true to my "More game, less guff" matra, and design a sytem that covers infantry combat, armor, infantry assaults on armor, helos, bunkers, wire, mines, strarshells, Claymores, offboard artillery, on board artillery, RPGs, LAWs, melee, Heros, Chaplains, Medics, Advisors, Snipers, Leaders, M-48s, M-41s, PT-76s, M-113s, 75RR, 60mm mortar, 12.7mm, VC, NVA, ARVN, USMC, and U.S.A. is tough to do.

Waaay back in the days when this was going to be a DTP effort with little more than Army, NVA, VC, and a couple of tanks, life was a bit simpler. :-) The infantry rules should still come in at under 10 pages, but the whole rules set (including examples of play) will be near 25 pages. Of course that depends on the page size of the rules manual, and that depends on what is the most economical way to give you all a good manual.

Sorry for the long post, but I wanted you all to know.

Best, Mark