View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2008, 12:57 AM

Private

Lohr is on a distinguished road
Default Ingame notes? SE5 forgets types? Ministers? LAN?

Hi

At first, i have to say, that I use SE5 1.66 and Catpain Kwoks Balance Mod 1.13. I'm playing a game hot seat with a friend of mine.
Perhaps someone may help is with some questions:

1. I think, its nearly a must, that a big strategygame like SE5 has to have the possibility to make notes within the game. May I anyhow make some notes within a game? Something like to send myself a message in about 10 turns to remind me something? May I make some notifications, reminders, and textnotes in the game?

2. My friend and me noticed in a game, that SE5 loose the status of a colony from one turn to another. I tell SE5 "This is a mining colony, and that is a military installation", and in the very next turn SE5 has forgotten this. I have to say, that we are playing a hot-seat game, and my friend is number one in the turn-order, and I'm number two. Furthermore, we are playing with Captain Kwoks Mod. The game-version is 1.66, and Kwoks mod-version is 1.13 (the fitting one to SE5 1.66)

3. I made a "pure" Population-Transport-Ship (to aim at not to confuse the Minister-AI). It's made of cargo-space, life-support, engines, and so on. Nothing other than needed to transport population from one planet to another. I toggle 2 or 3 ships to minister, and ... : nothing happens. The Pop.-Transport-Ships do nothing, and dont get any oders from the ministers.
I'm second in the turnorder, for my race I had chosen moderate minister-style, and the shiptype is set on Population-Transport.
He told me further, in his solo-game the minister are playing well.

4. My friend told me, he tried to start a multiplayer game on one machine. He tried to get connected on his own machine, and had no success to connect neither to local host, nor to through other methods (127.0.0.x and other). So we decieded not to waste time to get it running via. TCP/IP over the net, and trying to ask in the forum.

In these days, we trying to get enough components for a "Network-" Computer, which we want to doposit in the corner, to activate it, when we want play a weekend .
Is there a practible way in the meantime to play SpaceEmpire 5 on two different machines (TCP/IP via local area network oder through the web?)

Hot Seat is not realy an option...