View Single Post
Old October 15th, 2004, 06:10 PM

Major General

Jack Simth is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT: Narf has gone looney and wants to GM.(Edit

Quote:
Imperator Fyron said:
The first chapter of the Player's Handbook covers all of that. I think the SRDs are meant solely as a reference, not as a complete guide.

edit:
Basics and Ability Scores seems to be what you need.
http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/v35/Basics.rtf
It would seem to be - if all you do is skim it. If, instead, you actually read through it, you will notice that it is solely concerned with things during gameplay - the bonuses or penalties the different statistics yield, how an action is rolled, how multipliers work, how fractional results work, descriptions of the stats, and the like; it does not cover deciding on the stats of the character to begin with, nor starting capital for purchasing basic equipment, or any other pre-game stuff. It's possible that it is a deliberate omission on the part of Wizards of the Coast, either as a marketing ploy or as a method of not limiting the game master.

Narf: Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant. Also pretty much what I was looking for, although the starting cash portion still needs to be addressed.