View Single Post
Old August 16th, 2010, 10:26 PM

First Lieutenant

Roman is on a distinguished road
Default Re: DAR: GE Long campaign - small core

[quote=Brian61;748088]A small core, fictionalized historic long campaign covering the entire war from the viewpoint of a German Panzer company. The personnel of this company will see action in Poland, France, Balkans, North Africa, Eastern Front, and Western Front.(1)

The core force consists of a reinforced Panzer Kp(2) drawn from the 1939 German 4th army, under Guderian's XIX Motorized Army corp. Specifically the 1st company of II battalion, 5th panzer regiment, 3rd panzer division. In game, this is modeled as a heavily modified Panzer Kp (le) consisting of 2 PzIIIb/d, 1 PzIBef, 5 PzIIc, 10 PzIb, and 4 PzIVb tanks. Attached to this company are a Flak Sp Grp consisting of 2 SdKfz10/4s, an Infantry platoon (security element), 2 Spaehtroop sections (4 teams total), an 8cm GrW platoon, and a transport group of 3 Kfz70s. Additional organic transport is initially considered to be off-board and not present in the core.(3) This company, under Oberstlt Kraft, is being employed as a small 'fire brigade' within the XIX corp during the Sept 1939 offensive versus Poland.

Hello Brian. I'm a little late with this story. I'll be back at the beginning because I am interested in starting a long campaign with a force similar to yours.
It is admittedly difficult to achieve order of battle at the battalion and company.
What do you think of changing the panzer III by those of 38t and less Panzer IV.
As I write this I got an order of battle of the 3rd panzer division with the number of tanks per regiment. It is in Spanish.
http://www.panzertruppen.org/heer/panzer/3org.html
I had no panzer 38t.
Well. I'm still investigating