View Single Post
Old November 30th, 2016, 08:28 AM

Major

scorpio_rocks is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug? AAA fire from emplacements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwikkiwik View Post
Ive been looking at classes and things in Mobhack, and thank you for this very handy application.
Ive been running spotter planes over AAA gun emplacements for different nations on flat maps keeping visability at 80
The USMC AAA gun emplacements unit 129 fires at a range of over a kiometer.
The Italian AAA gun emplacements units 578 and 573 fires only when the spotter is within about 300m.
I noticed the USMC unit is a fortification class and the Italian AA is in Bunker class. So I put Italians in Fortification but that didnt seem to make a difference.
So maybe someone who knows what they are doing can make the Japanese and Italian AAA emplacements the same as the Marines emplacement so they can shoot at planes like all the other AAA?
I hope you set the morale, experience, art command, fire control, range finder, weapon range, etc and (possibly) those of the aircraft to the same, and used same size aircraft before running "tests" as ALL these will affect sighting/firing ranges.

There is a HUGE difference in how the game handles bunkers (they specifically won't fire unless stuff is close) and other stuff. Remember, too, they won't fire if they have no chance to hit/hurt the target.

Buy proper dedicated AA and dig it in (almost always better than bunkers/fortifications, IMO - in fact that's probably true of inf and AT guns too!).

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake - we must not interrupt him too soon."
Horatio Nelson.
SPMBT Roundel Objectives Mod
SPMBT Small ID Flags Mod
WW2 Roundel Objectives Mod
The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio_rocks For This Useful Post: