View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2010, 02:13 AM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Yomi eats nothing!

Thread necromancy...

After playing around with yomi abit, I feel they in no way deserve the weak sister (yomi eats nothing) moniker.

And, in fact, I believe them to be quite strong.

Under CBM, I'm enjoying a 10E4A6S Lord of plenty, with Dominion 6.
Personally, I don't believe that he needs to be awake.
O3S3H2D3L-2M1.

While I put a4 on the pretender build in order to have a robust middle game with wind guide and flaming arrows, I think the early emphasis has to be on on unit:

Ao-Oni's. For high defense targets, mix in oni's. Fighting niefle, you'll probably want his evil twin, Mr. Heat Oni. But Ao-Oni's ... rock.

Its not that they don't eat. Or that they have an associated cold attack that can leave SC's fatigued.

Quite frankly... upon death they become ethereal spirits.
Ethereal spirits which ignore causes a lot of regular weapons to miss.

And you can crank out 60-70 of these a turn, by turn 6-7.
In sp testing I was EASILY able to best my 15 territory benchmark for year 1, and have 2 castles built or under way.

I personally don't bother prophetizing the demon general, or oni general.

Build a ton of these Ao-onis.. and start clearing indies asap.
With your generals ability to use fright, (useful on elephants and barbarians) about the only territory to be careful on is amazons with their priestess (which will banish you).

With a Dai Oni able to do great site searching you have no real need for early thaumaturgy. If you are starting next to a capital rusher (niefle, TC) I'd strongly consider blight (alt 4)
which also gets you windguide, mistform, stoneskin etc.

Against a mictlan rush, use your AoE attacks with a screen of yaris or onis. The first with the repel, the second as they take two hits to kill.

Masses of archery against glamor based rushes.

Transition to an SC based approach in midgame. Dai Oni's can do many of the good SC tricks - from double bracers (boosting their protection sky high) to phoenix pyre, to soul vortex.