View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2017, 12:40 AM

Lieutenant General

Thanked 1,237 Times in 925 Posts
FASTBOAT TOUGH is on a distinguished road
Fallout Re: SP and SPAA Developments

Final conformation for Algeria from the 17th and I didn't even look here like I normally do everyday.
https://www.armyrecognition.com/augu..._81708171.html

Also from DID: Finland not to start it's K9 training until 2019. They don't have the training and BSM systems in place to support them yet.

"Norwegian firm Nammo A/S has come to a landmark agreement external link with the Finnish Defense Forces (FDF) to supply its newly developed artillery shells. Helsinki is the first international customer for Nammo’s 155 mm insensitive munitions, high explosive, extended range ammo (IM-HE-ER)—which has been under development since 2002 and partly funded by the state-owned Norwegian Defense Material Agency (NDMA)—which covers almost twice the distance of Nammo’s previous precision-strike artillery ammunition offerings. The ammo purchase forms part of a long-term project by Finland to reinforce the Army’s artillery capability and fire-power, which has already seen the February purchase of second-hand K9 Thunder 155 mm/52 caliber self-propelled artillery systems from South Korea. Training with the K9s will commence in 2019 following a modernization with Finnish sub-systems that include battle management, global positioning, communications and camouflage bolt-ons." Barring no developmental issues, this would push FOC to late 2019 or first half of 2020.

Regards,
Pat

"Ex communi periculo, fraternitas" - My career long mentor and current friend -QMCM/SS M. Moher USN Ret..

Last edited by FASTBOAT TOUGH; August 22nd, 2017 at 12:48 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to FASTBOAT TOUGH For This Useful Post: