Old October 23rd, 2006, 05:30 PM

Sergeant

dirtywick is on a distinguished road
Default Re: great work

Quote:
PDF said:
Quote:
dirtywick said:
Nice PDF! I didn't even think of that. I'll probably end up recruiting them exclusively and using them that way, there's really no downside.
Read me fully ! They are somewhat weaker that the sword-only version, so there's a downside !

Q about Onis : I'm not that sure now that they're worth their cost...Even the small ones cost 50 gems to have 15-20 of them, and they're not that great. The big ones are really pricey, and the Tengus are all near-unusable because as other said you can't have a sizeable army of them, and they're not very powerful in small numbers...
I think they're OK.

One thing is they actually have 1.5x the hit points that are listed because they come back as ethereal after they're killed once. Most of them have special attacks or ranged attacks. The only area where almost all of them are hurting is prot, but when they're ethereal they're a lot harder to hit and they're quite a bit better overall statwise than most other ethereal units.

Taking Luck/Turmoil rarely leaves me hurting for gems either, most of the time, so the cost isn't that important.

And finally, their path requirements are really low when you look at other comparable summons. So while they're a bit gem expensive to mass, they're also very easy to mass.

All in all they're not bad.