View Single Post
Old November 24th, 2012, 02:23 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Dominions 3 no longer available from Shrapnel?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmokki View Post
but I can guarantee the game sells more with $20 than $50 price tag.
That has always been something everyone could agree on.

Quote:
That said especially Steam but also Gamersgate and Desura will probabily give a hell of a lot more exposure to the game too than Shrapnel's obscure webshop.
Shrapnel has a PR person who did press releases for each version and delivered them to sites that rate games. As far as I could tell, it was pretty extensive. But as I said, it does make the PR position open for any fanboi who writes well. Search out the sites and make sure they know whats coming.

Steam does seem to have a large crowd who go there regularly and eagerly stays aware of any changes on that site. It will definitely have an impact. Many new players. There are many people here who pressed for the game to go to Steam and some of them said they wished it for the good of Illwinter, and the good of the game in general, not just a price break. Now can be their chance to step into it and be ready to catch that incoming flow of new players. Id love to see that happen.

Quote:
The only single way that would make more players genuinely a bad thing is if you had to take newbies to multiplayer games due to servers being totally open
Well I have certainly done my part there. Ive pushed the server aspect in many forums and helped them get started. There are now easily half a dozen, and another dozen or so doing more private games.

That reminds me. I should scrape those threads.