View Single Post
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:03 PM

Corporal

Lord_Shleepy is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Random Events Mod: First Steps

Ok...I've made a few improvements.

My new files are now formatted to run as a stand-alone mod (if necessary) - though I currently run mine along with balance mod v1.09. I have also added the features listed below.

Any questions or comments just let me know...this is still very rough and not even close to finished. I plan to add a lot more events next...it may take a while but they're coming. If you have requests please let me know.

Version History - Shleepy's Random Events Mod for SEV
================================================== ==============

Version 0.01 (August 15, 07)
----------------------------
Initial Release
Features
1) Increased frequency of random events (slightly for small empires, more drastically for large empires).

2) Increased number of possible events per turn for large empires (may experience more than one occurrence).

3) Re-ordered event severity: Ship_rebel is now a "medium" severity (it is treason after-all). Planet rebellion is still "high" severity but will occur more frequently than other "high" severity events (it is probably more likely to have a planet's citizens rebel than for the planet itself to
explode). Rebalanced event frequency overall so that lower level events will be more likely (otherwised the increased frequency of events could be crippling) .

4) No change to stellar manipulation events yet (they do not appear to be working at present).

5) Added planet happiness check function. Searches players colonies for planets that are unhappy, angry, or rioting. Adds additional chance of "angry population events" such as riots or rebellions on these planets. Currently, rioting/angry/unhappy planets have an added chance for population/cargo damage and rebellion. Rioting planets have a 20% chance for one of these events, angry has 10%, unhappy has 5%. I will eventually extend this towards good events for jubilant planets as well but I'll need to create some positive events first. WARNING: At this point, these events are NOT affected by the Low/Medium/High/Catastrophic setting and may occur at any level. My reasoning for this is that they are not really random events but the outcome of having unhappy populations...therefore anything goes. ALSO, the frequency of these events is the same - so it is equally likely that the planet will rebel as have population damage, etc.

6) Added new event: Failed Coup. (Severity: Medium) A failed military coup will cause a small amount of damage to population, a moderate amount of damage to cargo, and a moderate negative happiness hit. (Cargo and happiness damage from stock cargo/happiness events, population loss is a reduced version of stock event). Planets that are already unhappy/angry/rioting will be more likely to experience this event.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 543567-Random Event Mod v0.1.zip (40.6 KB, 695 views)