View Single Post
Old August 13th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Browsing and Posting are slower

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTJedi View Post
Ever since the change I've noticed browsing and posting in the forums are slower. Takes 10 seconds just to open the contents of a small topic, and 7 seconds just to create a new topic. Even when I hit the back button there's a loading delay which is quite unusual. When I test performance on other forums the loading times are under 3 seconds for any browsing. I'm not noticing these delays on any other forums and I've performed the typical cleaning of cookies, internet temp files, adaware scans, etc., .

I would advise investigating comparing browsing speeds between the new shrapnel forums and other forums on the internet.

I had noticed a bit of slowdown as well, which for the most part I had attributed to the kinks not being worked out yet, and people continuing to manipulate the system behind the scenes.

It's a good point that all of those little images and banners do tend to slow page loading noticeably in most cases.

All that is bearable enough, but on the old forums using back button was almost instantaneous, and now it completely reloads the page, which with the much slower load times, is really frustrating.