View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2009, 09:24 PM

Private

Conq is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Terrible Player.

I believe he was implying that you were "trolling" the forum looking to get a response out of people (look it up on wikipedia or urbandictionary).

I'm still playing dominions2 so im not sure how much help my advice would be but here's some of the things I did when I started out.

At the beginning get a good sized army together (roughly 25 or so "good" troops or around 50 "alright" troops depending on what you can afford and what nation you are etc) start taking the independents around you with that army, I usually put only 5 pd on each conquered province, 25 on any castles I build. Keep recruiting mages to research until you need to replenish some troops (note: while you are recruiting mages you can go ahead and recruit troops at the same time). You'll have to look at some guides to see whats best to research. Dont worry so much about defending your provinces, the computer (in dom2) tends to recruit a bunch of crap troops in all of their provinces and then snowball them together, so when you are facing a couple really big armies you should realize that behind them there is mostly open range for your stealth/flying/thugs/remote spells so if you can hold off the big armies you can trash their backyard.

Or if you are still getting stomped you can always download a mod and then go in and start editing some units so they are essentially unstoppable (but thats nots really much fun) if you take this approach I suggest editing a pretender only (give them all kinds of magic and abilities and all the bells and whistles) that will make it kinda more sporting for the AI because your pretender can only be in one place at a time.

Hope this helps.

*This is at lease 10 times longer than any one of my posts so far